PURPOSE OF ASSISTANCE
The purpose of Five County Community Action Assistance is to assist low-income individuals in becoming stabilized and work towards self-sufficiency. Assistance should also be sought when all other resources have been exhausted. Most assistance will also require clients to fall below the 125% federal poverty guidelines.
COMMON ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
- Birth Certificates / ID’s
- Monthly transit bus passes / gas voucher (for employment support only, although there are a few vouchers for seniors over 60 seeking medical treatment)
- Rental Deposit Assistance (usually up to $500.00) *
- Emergency Clothing / Furniture Vouchers
- Emergency Food Boxes from the Utah Food Bank (distributed at the Hurricane Food Pantry and through subcontractors like Beaver County Food Network, Garfield County Care and Share, Iron County Care and Share, and Kane County Care and Share).
- Emergency Hotel Vouchers (in Beaver, Garfield, and Kane Counties only)
- Rapid Re-housing (short-term assistance for literally homeless clients at the top of the community housing list. This assistance is by invitation only, although any person experiencing homelessness is welcome to do an assessment
HOW TO APPLY
To access direct Five County services, click 2017 Community Action Application to print application
It should include all household members (even if living with friends and family). Income verification is required for all household members over 18. Income should be verified through the following methods:
- Last 30 days of earned income
- Last 30 days of bank statement
- Benefit letters (SSDI / SSI)
- W2 or previous tax return
- Copy of DWS Benefit Letter (Medicaid, FEP (cash assistance), and Food Stamps)
- DWS Employer Verification Form (Form ESD 630)
- self-declaration-of-income/no-income (not the preferred method and to be used only after all other resources have been exhausted – may also slow down application).
Once the application is complete, please call 435-674-5757 and leave a message on the general assistance voicemail. You can also email your application to email@example.com. A staff person will follow-up and schedule an appointment. Please allow 2 business days for a response.
Please note: Due to staff constraints, we absolutely cannot serve walk-in appointments (with exception to court ordered community service clients coming in during designated hours).