CSBG FY 17 Requests for Proposals
Five County Association of Governments, Community Action Partnership is currently accepting applications from qualifying agencies for calendar year 2017 for Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funding. CSBG enables communities to meet the needs of its residents through locally relevant services. CSBG funds a variety of initiatives, including: case management, transportation, housing, employment supports, and income management programs.
Qualifying agencies in Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane, and Washington Counties are encouraged to apply.
CSBG RFP 2017 – Click here for an application in Word Format
Applications will be accepted until Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 5:00pm. Questions may be directed to Clint Cottam at Five County Association of Governments, 435-674-5757 ext. 102 or email@example.com.
ABOUT COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCK GRANT (CSBG)
The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) provides funds to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities. Five County is the designated Community Action Agency (CAA) in Southwestern Utah and receives CSBG funding to support projects that:
- Lessen poverty in communities
- Address the needs of low-income individuals including the homeless, migrants and the elderly
- Provide services and activities addressing employment, education, better use of available income, housing, nutrition, emergency services and/or health
- Develop partnerships and encourage community engagement
With the support of CSBG funding, states and Community Action Agencies (CAAs) work together to achieve the following goals for low-income individuals:
- Increased self-sufficiency
- Improved living conditions
- Ownership of and pride in their communities
- Strong family and support systems
Five County offers direct services through the Community Services Block Grant including:
barrier removal supports to assist individuals to increase self-sufficiency for personal ID, utility payments, back debts, rent/utility deposits, vocational training fees and transportation expenses such as bus passes/tokens and gas.
For information on how to apply for assistance, please click here:
- Please note we no longer offer homeless prevention rental assistance.
For other services being supported through CSBG funding, please approach our subcontractors. Current FY 2015 subcontractors include:
- Beaver County Food Network
- Dove Center
- Garfield County Care and Share
- Iron County Care and Share
- Kane County Care and Share
- New Frontiers for Families